PhyIDs are unique identification codes assigned to QR Codes, NFC Tags, and Physical Web Beacons by the Phy Platform to enable platform features. Our Per Touchpoint plan bills monthly on a per PhyID basis. The steps outlined below are for adding PhyIDs for BKON-branded Physical Web Beacons.
Step 1: Launch the "Add PhyIDs" feature
- From the PhyIDs page on Phy, find the big, green "Add PhyIDs" button.
- Click it.
Step 2: Follow the link at the bottom of the prompt.
- Select the "go here to add existing PhyID" link
- No need to select ID Type
Step 3: Type in your PhyID number(s)
- On the side of your BKON-branded Physical Web Beacon is a 6-digit alphanumeric ID that is laser-etched into the plastic casing of the beacon.
- Type it into the "PhyIDs" field, as shown below.
- Note that the PhyID is case sensitive, so type it exactly as it appears on your beacon.
- If you are adding multiple PhyIDs for multiple BKON-branded beacons, separate them with commas as you enter them into the PhyIDs field.
- If your plan includes Folders, you will see the "Add New Folder" button. You have the option here to place your new PhyIDs into a specific folder for organizational purposes.
Step 4: Submit!
- Your new PhyIDs will appear in your "My PhyIDs" section.
- If Folder View is included in your account, and if you placed the PhyIDs in a specific folder, click on "Folder View" to see your PhyIDs organized in their folder.
- PhyIDs for new BKON Physical Web Beacons will appear with a 6-digit alphanumeric ID and be named by default as "My TouchPoint."