*We changed the QR code experience, but changing our Knowledge Base articles to reflect the new platform will take some time. Thanks for your patience.
PhyIDs are unique identification codes assigned to QR Codes, NFC Tags, and Physical Web Beacons by the Phy Platform to enable platform features. Our plans bill monthly on a per PhyID basis. The steps outlined below are for adding PhyIDs for QR Codes.
Adding PhyIDs for QR Codes
Only Phy-generated QR Codes can be using within the Phy platform. See the "How are QR Codes created in Phy better?" FAQ for an outline of the benefits. To add Phy QR Codes to your account:
Step 1: Add PhyIDs
- Select the "Add PhyIDs" tab from the List View
- Note that each PhyID you request will be billed at your plan's monthly rate.
Step 2: Choose PhyID Type
- Choose QR Code, then click the blue "Add PhyID" button.
- Each PhyID will include a fully functional, downloadable QR Code that comes embedded a permanent, unique 8-character identifier.
- Your new PhyIDs for QR Codes will appear in your account. Each one will have a QR Code icon, its 8-character alphanumeric ID, an alias of "My QR Code," and its Destination.